Orthopedic Medical Devices
Orthopedic medical devices is a medical equipment which used for preventing and treating deformities and injuries of the musculoskeletal system. The orthopedic devices include bandages, splints, prostheses, and special apparatus. There are several types of orthopedic devices are distinguished. A fixing device is designed neither completely nor partially restrict movements in a joint. The relieving devices are used to relieve pressure on an ailing part by transferring support to heathy parts of a bone/ joint extremity. Corrective devices are used to gradually rectify a deformity. Compression-distraction devices are used to correct acquired or congenital deformities of the extremities.
- Track 1-1 Types of orthopedic devices
- Track 2-2 Orthobiologic Technologies
- Track 3-3 Surgical Procedure Improvements
- Track 4-4 3-D Printing Technology for Patient-Specific Solutions
- Track 5-5 Innovations in Diagnostic and Surgical Imaging